COVID-19 Antibody Testing
COVID-19 Antibody Testing at SCMSC
Now more than ever we ask you to please be patient with our process. Your safety and the safety of our staff is our priority, which is why we have a strict sanitation process. We ask you to please be patient and expect potential delays for your safety.
Lastly, all of us at Southern California Multi-Specialty Center want to thank you for supporting us. Thank you for your patience and for your understanding. It is really an honor to be of service to you at this hour.
Call to schedule your COVID-19 antibody testing appointment.
How do I get tested?
- For an appointment call: 818-400-9690
- You will need to fill out a pre-registration form and select the best time that works for you.
- Pre-payment is required for all testing prior to your appointment (credit/debit) or for walk-ins, cash is also accepted.
COVID-19 Antibody Test – What You Need to Know
COVID-19 Antibody Test FAQs
What is an antibody test?
Is the COVID-19 test the same as the antibody test?
What is the difference between a COVID-19 Test and an antibody test?
A COVID-19 test determines if you currently have the virus. Meanwhile, an antibody test determines if you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus and your body has made antibodies.
Is the antibody test require a finger prick or blood draw?
As this is a blood test, a blood draw (intravenous) is required.
How can I get my results?
- Go to QuestDiagnostics
- Create an account (DOB, phone, address, and email is required).
- Once you have completed registration, you will receive an email to confirm your account.
- Your results will be in your MyQuest Portal and an email will be sent notifying you that you have results.
Can I bring my whole family including young children?
No, only the individuals that are getting tested should come. This helps to reduce unnecessary exposure.