Complete Thyroid Ultrasound, Los Angeles
Ultrasound imaging of the thyroid at SCMSC
Thyroid ultrasound imaging specialists for Los Angeles
At Southern California Multi Specialty Center, we have an expert team of physicians, nurse practitioners, and technologists who are highly trained in ultrasound imaging. We take pride in ensuring your concerns are addressed and professional well-trained healthcare providers are accompanying you during your journey.
Your doctor has requested an ultrasound of your thyroid – what can you expect?
This procedure evaluates your thyroid when a mass is felt in the neck. The origin may not be obvious from a clinical examination; therefore, ultrasound is used to determine the origin and characteristics of the area of concern.
Thyroid Ultrasound Q & A
A painless ultrasound may be used to help determine the origin and characteristics of a mass in your neck.
Before Your Ultrasound Exam
- There is no preparation for this procedure.
- We want to make your wait time as pleasant as possible. please consider bringing your favorite magazine, book, or music player to help you pass any time you may have to wait.
- Please leave your jewelry and valuables at home.
During Your Ultrasound Exam
- A diagnostic medical sonographer will explain the exam and answer any questions you may have. Reporting on any findings will be given to you during your follow-up with the nurse practitioner or physician.
- Warm gel will be applied to your neck. This is a water base gel and if contact to your clothing occurs, do not worry, this will dry like water so there is no staining or stickiness to your fabric.
- A transducer is a device that emits sound waves and will be moved across your neck. This is how the thyroid gland can be seen. You will not feel the sound waves. The echoes reflect back to the transducer and is converted to electronic signals within the ultrasound machine to produce a “picture.”
- Your exam may take between 15-30 minutes.
After Your Ultrasound Exam
- You may resume your regular day-to-day activities, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Your study will be reviewed by an imaging physician and the results sent to your doctor. Your doctor will discuss these results with you and explain what they mean in relation to your health.
Copies of your reporting may be sent to your other specialists. You will need to provide a fax number to these specialists for our office to send this to.
To schedule your ultrasound image tests at Southern California Multi-Specialty Center, call 818-900-6480.
Make an appointment at SCMSC
We look forward to welcoming you
Schedule an evaluation with Dr. Eghbalieh at Southern California Multi-Specialty Center.