Robotic Surgeon Los Angeles
Robotic Surgery for the Highest Quality Surgical Care
Meet the #1 Robotic Surgeon in Los Angeles
Dr. Eghbalieh is the #1 robotic surgeon in all of Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley, having performed more robotic general surgery than any other surgeon in all of Los Angeles.
He provides personal attention for patients needing surgical treatment for diverse conditions, from gallstones and robotic hernia repair to robotic colorectal, pancreatic, liver, and stomach cancers.
He is the leading Robotic Hepatobiliary and Robotic Pancreatic surgeon with extensive experience in Robotic Whipple procedure. Dr. Eghbalieh sees patients throughout the Southern California area, with offices in Sherman Oaks, Porter Ranch, Valencia and a new office opening in Tarzana in the near future.
Robotic Surgery Q & A
What is robotic surgery?
What are the benefits of robot-assisted surgery?
Combining the expert guidance of experienced surgeon Dr. Eghbalieh and the cutting-edge robotic system, robotic surgery provides you with the best of both worlds. With robotic surgery, you receive the personal attention and medical expertise of Dr. Eghbalieh, while benefiting from superior and precise surgical outcomes. It takes years of study and practice to master this cutting-edge technology. It’s so difficult that Dr. Eghbalieh is one of only a few surgeons in the United States who can offer the sort of complicated robotic surgeries that he does.
The robotic device perfectly complements Dr. Eghbalieh’s surgical expertise, adding benefits such as:
- Visualization: 3D, high-definition, and zoom capabilities give the doctor excellent visual clarity and the ability to see details of the tissues in small, confined surgical areas.
- Enhanced dexterity: The narrow robotic arms are built with fingertip control, a range of motion, and extended length that exceeds human capabilities.
- EndoWrist™ Instruments: Transform the surgeon’s wrist, hand, and fingers into tiny surgical instruments that can work inside the body in spaces too small to accommodate a hand.
- Excellent precision and control: The enhanced dexterity combined with motion scaling that eliminates normal physiologic tremor allow the robot to seamlessly execute the doctor’s motions.
Improved ergonomics: Dr. Eghbalieh can perform surgery while seated, which reduces fatigue and provides optimal coordination between hands and vision.
What type of robot-assisted surgery does Dr. Eghbalieh perform?
Dr. Eghbalieh is an experienced general surgeon with specialized training in cancer surgery, robotic surgery, and advanced laparoscopic surgery. Most of the surgeries he performs are robotic, including:
- Hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery: treats cancers of the liver, gallbladder, bile duct, and pancreas (Robotic Whipple Procedure)
- Splenectomy: spleen removal due to injury, cancer, or other health problems
- Colorectal surgery: colon and rectal cancers, colonic polyps
- Complex hernia repair: robot-assisted surgery to treat inguinal, incisional, umbilical, ventral, hiatal and paraesophageal hernias
- Gastrectomy: to treat stomach cancer as well as stomach ulcers
- Small bowel resection: for cancer and other problems with the small intestine
- Pelvic and groin lymphadenectomy: treat metastatic melanoma
- Heller myotomy: to treat disorders of the lower esophageal sphincter (achalasia)
If you need surgery, contact Dr. Eghbalieh for a consult and customized treatment plan.
Make an appointment at SCMSC
We look forward to welcoming you
Schedule an evaluation with Dr. Eghbalieh at Southern California Multi-Specialty Center.